Sunday 25 January 2009

What gets your heart pounding?

Red ochre soil gets my heart pounding
It reminds me of someplace in Africa...i'm not sure where exactly, but images of red dust rising caused by dancing bare feet makes my soul soar - i can't explain it. Anyway, that's why I decided to name my blog My Red Soles...my bare feet connecting me to the place I love.

This brings me on to think about other aspects of my life. I've started the challenging journey of setting up my own business. There's a lot to take in but it makes my heart pound - i'm excited...and can visualize my empire which I hope will grow from ideas and plans embedded in my viao laptop to something that will be one of my biggest lifetime achivements. I expect it to be hard work but it feels right, it seems like things i've been working on for many years are finally bringing me to a specific road leading to a specific destination.

My business will focus on Design, Strategy and Innovation - i'll explain more as I do more and learn more

In the mean time, I hope to share ideas with entrepreneurs - new and not so new, friends and thinkers...and hey, let me know what gets your heart pounding - i'm interested!

3 comments:

  1. My heart pounds from adrenalin...

    The thrill of letting your creative juices run riot, whether it's paintbrush on canvas, the moulding of clay, the mixing of ingredients, the words that flow from my pen, or the notes and sounds that rush from my songsmiths heart.

    The thrill of your team's, your country's, your hero's victory in a sporting arena, or the rush when you, yourself cross the finishing line.

    The tingle you've known since childhood, from the words and the music that's with them as your favourite films begin: 20th Century Fox... Lucasfilm... Star Wars.

    But most of all, the kiss of a beautiful woman, the words of affection, the touch of her skin and your soul melting as you drown in her eyes. Seeing her when I close my eyes at night, and when I open them again in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uncertainty definitely takes th crown. like th minutes b4 u go 4 a really important meeting, or th minutes b4 i walk out of th house wit litres of fresh juice not knowing whether im going to sell or not. ths is particularly so coz its perishable n therefore i jst hv to make sure i dont cam back wit it! thinking abt th future of my biz also sets my heart pounding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! you are my two true fans to my first blog output and that's nothing to be sniffed at...although I have a long way to go - lots to do and learn. Kevin Kelly provides a thought provoking article about building up your network of true fans, check it out http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2008/03/1000_true_fans.php
    The moral of the story for me amongst many things is, don't get overwhelmed by obstacles - get on with it, start where you are no matter how small, work your butt off (no escape there!), focus on your goals and pass on your positive news to others for support and the road ahead will unfold. Best, M

    ReplyDelete